The Sunshine Blogger Award is recognition for all the bloggers who are spreading positivity and good vibes through their blogs.
I was nominated by liveloveran.com, a lovely girl who writes some beautiful blogs about life in the Phillipines and the wonderful locations there. Thank you so much for the nomination and sorry it took me so long to get around to writing mine.
The rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award are as follows
- Answer the questions of the blogger who tagged me.
- Create a new list of questions
- Tag in 11 other bloggers who spread positivity through their blogs.
Ran put the following questions up to me.
1. What is one thing you cannot live without?
That’s a difficult one. I would say the friendship and love of the people in my life. But is that a thing? If we are talking physical things then it’s probably my phone, it rarely leaves my hand. Wait I just remembered coffee….
2. What inspires you every day?
This is another answer which has totally changed in the last year since I started blogging. It’s totally taken over my life and those who inspire me are the bloggers who have made the leap to doing it full time. But I also have so much respect to those giving it a go, and earnestly sharing their lives with us.
3. Where do you see yourself 3 years from now?
Oh I was never very good at this question, when it came up in interviews. I’m 40 next year so perhaps it’s one of those ages to evaluate and look forward. But I’m not good at that. I choose the name carpe diem, for its meaning (live life in the moment), because it’s what I love to do. So hopefully I see myself with a lot more countries under my belt, and making millions from blogging. 🤣
4. If you can only wear one color for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
I’m not one for clothes, I only go shopping as a necessity. I’m comfortable in dark colours so I would probably say blue/ grey whatever that colour is in the middle of that. I like black but it’s awful in the sun.
5. What are you scared of?
I suppose I’m mostly afraid of failure. It takes a concerted effort for me to try something new. I become very settled in jobs, I’ll be ten years in my current job next January. I’m also afraid of earwigs so my biggest nightmare would be if insects became human size and what would happen. Yep I know that’s a bit random.
6. What is one thing you have to do everyday, no excuses?
Going back to question one, it has to be set time aside to drink coffee. One of life’s greatest pleasures. I used to drink about 8 cups but now I’m cutting back. But first thing every day is to make a cup and sit and relax and catch up with the world.
7. How do you find motivation?
I’m an upbeat guy so that pushes me on. But I’m a bit lazy. I find the thing that motivates me the most to get things done is to set myself deadlines. That pushes me to work to them. Reading other people’s success stories is also fantastic motivation
8. What is something you’d like to achieve before you die?
This is another one of those questions. I’m not of the belief that big goals make you happy. It’s a cliche, but the little things in life… I’ll answer in terms of my travel goals. Walk the Inca Trail, climb to base camp on Mount Everest and stand in awe of the Egyptian pyramids are but a few.
9. Where are you currently and do you like it there? Why?
I’m visiting my parents in Longford in Ireland. It’s a small market town in the Irish midlands. It’s not an eventful place but it is so relaxing. There are few houses around and it’s surrounded by green fields with views across the Irish countryside. I grew up and lived here till I was 18. My parents have a great love for animals and always have cats, dogs, and donkeys. They also house ponies for a local animal sanctuary so there’s always a different selection of ponies to acquaint with. So in essence I love the place.
10. Any hobbies you’d like to take up in the future?
My main hobby is photography so that takes up a lot of my time. I’m awful at keeping fit so a sport that’s in line with that. The gym just doesn’t do it for me. My wife and I would like to take up tennis. Paragliding is something I’m dying to get into as well.
11. What would you like to say to your younger self?
I’m not one to believe in regrets. But I guess I could suggest a few things. To 17 year old me get your hair cut it looks really bad. To 21 year old me buy a decent camera you really should capture some moments from your forthcoming trips.
In seriousness don’t be afraid to make decisions. Your mistakes will determine who you are as much as your successes. Life will take some unexpected turns but you just got to go with the flow.
I hope you’ve gotten to know me a little better. I’m thankful again for being nominated and been given the chance to share with you.
My questions are as follows:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. What destination in the world would you most like to return to?
3. Which would you rather have 1 million now or 15000 every month till you die?
4. What is the story behind the name of your blog?
5. What is the weirdest food you’ve eaten?
6. If you got stranded on a deserted island what’s the one thing you own that you would want to have with you?
7. What is your main goal for your blog?
8. How has blogging changed your life?
9. What’s the best advice you can give to fellow bloggers?
10. Has your blog taught you something about yourself that you didn’t previously know?
11. Which book, movie or song title best describes you?
My nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award are as follows.
So thank you to all of those bloggers for the great work they do. Leave me a link if you get around to writing up your answers.